Scholarship For Dreamers
TheDream.US Opportunity Scholarship Program is offering scholarships to highly motivated DREAMers** with DACA or TPS status who live in targeted states that have effectively locked DREAMers out of their colleges by requiring DREAMers to pay out-of-state tuition or prohibiting DREAMers from enrolling in the state’s colleges and universities all together.
The Governors of Connecticut and Delaware have agreed to accept out-of-state DREAMers with TheDream.US Opportunity Scholarship to attend an affordable four-year college in their state at a targeted cost of $20,000 per year for tuition, fees, and on-campus housing and meals. TheDream.US Scholarship award will pay up to $20,000 per year to fund these costs.
TheDream.US Opportunity Scholarship is for DREAMers who:
- Have DACA or TPS status;
- Live in and have graduated from high schools in targeted locked-out states, and
- Have demonstrated the academic potential and a determination to succeed in college and in life.
This scholarship is available to high school seniors, high school graduates, community college students, or community college graduates who seek to earn a career-ready bachelor’s degree at one of our Partner Colleges in Connecticut or Delaware. Students who are currently enrolled in college are not eligible.
To be eligible to apply, you must:
- Live in and have graduated from a high school in a targeted locked-out state listed above;
- Have earned a high school GPA of 2.8 or higher on 4.0 scale;
- Must have taken the SAT or ACT;
- Not currently enrolled in a four-year college (other than in a high school pre-college or dual enrollment program);
- Intend to relocate to and enroll full-time in a bachelor’s degree program at one of our Partner Colleges in Connecticut or Delaware in the Fall term of the 2016-2017 academic year;
- Have come to the United States before reaching your 16th birthday;
- Be DACA or TPS eligible and have applied for or received DACA or TPS approval; and
- Demonstrate significant unmet financial need.
Enternal information at A&M-San Antonio, contact: