Freshman Transfer Requirements
Transfer students with 29 transferable hours or less must meet the following:
- Complete the online application for admission to Texas A&M University-San Antonio at www.applytexas.org.
- Submit official high school transcript.*
- Submit official SAT or ACT scores.
- Submit official transcripts from any university or colleges attended while enrolled in high school, including dual credit or early college in high school. Transcripts should not be dated more than one year old from the print date on the transcript.
- Transcripts should be sent via mail to:
Texas A&M University-San Antonio
Office of Admissions
One University Way
San Antonio, TX 78224
If previous institutions participate in the sending of secure electronic transcripts (e-script, National Student Clearinghouse, Parchment, or Trans Networks) transcripts must be sent via email to: email@example.com.
6. Pay non-refundable $15 application fee. Some student may be eligible for a fee waiver.
7. Admission to the University does not guarantee admission to specific departments.
*If you were home schooled, that transcript is needed and it needs to be notarized in order to be considered official.
**Please be aware if a you apply multiple times, the application submitted most recently (regardless of term or type) will void any previously submitted applications.
Freshman Admission Requirements
2 of the 3 requirements:
- Rank in the top 50% of your class
- Overall high school grade point average (GPA) of 2.0 on a 4.0 scale (other scales will be converted to the 4.0 scale). Be advised, a weighted GPA is used for admission purposes to A&M-San Antonio.
- Satisfy the required scores on the SAT or ACT assessment:
- SAT: Minimum score of 860 on the SAT Reasoning Tests (critical reading and math sections)
- ACT: Minimum composite score of 18
*SAT and ACT scores will be superscored. New SAT scores will be converted to the old scoring system. Please see the College Board website for conversion.
Transfer Student Requirements
- Cumulative G.P.A. of 2.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Must be eligible to return to all previously attended colleges or universities
*Applications will not be evaluated until all transcripts from previous colleges/universities are received.
Fall Semester: Priority Deadline March 15, 2017; no applications accepted past June 30, 2017.
Spring Semester: December 15, 2016
Summer Semesters: April 30, 2017
SAT/ACT School Code
Texas Records Exchange Code*
*Intended for high school counselors
**Due to an error with the TREx network, Texas A&M University San Antonio was not receiving electronic high school transcripts via TREx. If any student requested high school transcript to be sent electronically via TREx between the dates of September 29-October 21, please re-request those transcripts.